Wednesday, October 12, 2011

kitchen cupboard: inside out

one of the things i love about living in apartments is their ability to change over time. I particularly love so many of the original features that still remain in this 1930's era apartment. Almost all of the san francisco apartments built around this time had ironing board cupboards built in. Somewhere along the line the actual board in my apartment disappeared and when i moved in all that remained was this very lovely but quite shabby ironing board cupboard .... i thought it could use a little sprucing up. I love the little bit of farmhouse appeal it adds  


 i also started stripping the little knob on the front of the cupboard thinking it would reveal brass or some metal..but to my glee and surprise it revealed a very old little cranberry bakelite knob. i can only imagine its original to the apartment 

1 comment:

  1. Home renovation is a hard task. And, I can see that you did it very well.

    ReplyDelete