Friday, January 13, 2012

Flowers for Friday

 the evening light these days is simply gorgeous. it seems to power into my kitchen windows each afternoon full of promise. A rich golden hue hints at the possibility of spring even though it is only the start of january, the light seems much stronger at this time of day than its weak steely morning self. I couldnt help but try to capture some of it for this weeks flowers for friday post. A collection of objects interrupted but the bright green of tiny air plants and a burst from a fern frond clipped from the plants on my patio. I am also eagerly waiting on a few paperwhite bulbs, being gone I did not want to start forcing them until now, but the entire time I was away they were "burning a hole in my pocket" as I couldn't wait to get home and start them. 
I am off on a girls weekend to Sonoma to celebrate the upcoming wedding of a dear friend. It will be nice to spend the time with everyone and I am very much looking forward to exploring a new part of my California world that I have not been to yet (im a napa girl). We have planned some hikes, bbqs from the back deck which overlooks the river and a trip on the Winter Wineroad  for sunday. It should be a full one. 


What are your plans for the holiday weekend? 
See you back here on tuesday. 


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment