Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sneak Peek

 I love the incredible beauty wrapped up in these utilitarian pieces. Simple lines of form and function rule and the bits that make me weak in the knees come only with time and use. I strive to surround myself with pieces that inspire but that is not to say that I want a house filled with precious objects. In fact quite the opposite is true. I want my life to be reflected in the objects around me in the most tangible of ways - look at the yellowware batter bowl below for example. It has been worn in such a way that could only be achieved over many many years of stirring in that same bowl. How many meals were started here.  This aged beauty stops me in my tracks. Perhaps not a batter bowl anymore but certainly perfect for mounds of fruit or other such unruly pantry staples.... all of these lovely things will be coming to the shop very soon. 
 Though not specifically about the kitchen~ the wear, utility and age are as evident in these pieces as in any above. 
looks for these pieces and more in the shop over the next few days 

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love that coffee carafe? I think that's what it is. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete